Telemarketing means the direct marketing of products or services to potential buyers over the internet, telephone, or fax. Telemarketing can be performed by telemarketers or by “robocalls” or automated telephone calls. The invasive nature of telemarketing, reports of scams, and fraud perpetrated on the telephone spurred a growing backlash against direct marketing practice. Telemarketing is known in two other terms:
- inside sales
The process of renting skilled resources from third-party providers is what you call telemarketing outsourcing.
Important things about telemarketing
Telemarketing is the direct marketing of a business’s goods or services to potential buyers online or via telephone. There are four common kinds of telemarketing, it includes:
- outbound calls
- inbound calls
- lead generation
- sales calls
Many businesses today are thankful for how telemarketing helps their companies buildup business-customer communication. In this way, businesses can deliver to their customers without physical contact. Companies can deliver messages using the services of telemarketers.
How does it work?
Telemarketing is a method in the form of:
- Contacting potential customers
It excludes using direct mail marketing strategies. Telemarketing takes place from an office, call center, or home. Telemarketing involves a single call to establish interest or for sustainability and follow-up calls to seek a sale. Several data are used to narrow down big databases of names to small numbers of higher-probability customer prospects.
Telemarketing can be used by different institutions or groups such as the following:
- for-profit businesses
- nonprofit charities
- political groups and candidates
- donation solicitation
- marketing research
- other kinds of organizations
Types of telemarketing services
Telemarketing is divided into 4 subcategories that are offered as services:
- Inbound. Telemarketing calls are inbound inquiries about goods or services as produced by sales or advertising efforts. It is considered warm calls as customers are familiar with the company or have submitted an interest form online.
- Outbound. Companies reach out to customer prospects actively. Existing customers through outbound telemarketing calls are also called cold calls.
- Sales. Telemarketers are trained salespersons who engage in a persuasive activity. These people aimed to close a deal via phone.
- Lead generation. It is the collection of intelligence about:
- Demographic data
These are the data of potential customers. Telemarketing entails various activities, such as appointment-setting, surveying, database maintenance, telesales, cleaning, and providing a call to action.
Selecting the right method for marketing and telesales can be tiring, and the wrong choice can be costly. With language coverage and geographic diversity, you will gain the flexibility to increase marketing capacity and sales around the world. The telemarketing outsourcing team helps a business:
- Boost customer lifetime value
- Shorten sales cycles
- Reducing the cost of new sales
- Developing more predictable pipelines
- Building loyalty with marketing and sales programs
All the services are equipped for customers to do business with you.