Violent and aggressive behavior towards the employees is a common practice. Higher officials can’t even think about how this thing affects their employees’ mental health and physical health. It is a common practice in many companies, and we heard about it a lot of times. Prevention and management of violence and aggression company should be done by the authorities to provide a safe and secure environment to their employees.
Violence and aggression leave many employees dreading the start of work each morning. It affects both the person it is directed to and the one witnessing it. Violence and aggression often stress responses: an employee who feels that he has been poorly treated and arbitrarily punished. Prevention and management of violence and aggression (PMVA news) news will help assess the warning signs and encourage anti-violence policy at the workplace.
Who is affected by violence and aggression?
Workplace violence and aggression are happening in many companies, but it is most common in areas where people with external clients or the public. Higher risks include:
- Health care and social assistance include doctors, paramedics, nurses, child protection workers, allied health workers, and home carers.
- Public administration and safety include police officers, security officers, protective service officers, welfare support workers, and prisoner guards.
Young and new workers experience higher rates of workplace violence and aggression. They are treated with activities like harassment or abuse to accept a new person as part of the group. Hazing commonly includes humiliating or damaging experiences for young and new workers, resulting in physical and psychological harm.
Impacts of Violence and Aggression at Workplace
If prevention and management of violence and aggression in the company have not been done at right the time, then it will lead to some severe impacts to the victim such as:
- Loss of confidence and withdrawal.
- Feeling of isolation, family dislocation, or social isolation.
- Physical injuries as the result of the assault.
- Depression, stress, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Illnesses such as musculoskeletal disorders, cardiovascular diseases, immune deficiency, and gastrointestinal disorders result from stress.
- Suicidal thoughts.
Prevention and Management of Violence and Aggression Course
Proper teaching on the prevention and management of violence and aggression in the company is fundamental. It makes the person assess the risks and identify types of behavior and triggers to violent, aggressive behavior.
PMVA news makes you know the safety and health issues regarding violence and aggression in the workplace. It makes people understand and recognize how their body language and method of communication can affect others.
Employees need to be informed about the policies and procedures to manage the risk of aggressive behavior.
Training the employees with the information, instructions, and supervisions ensures their health, safety, and welfare at work. However, training in the prevention and management of violence and aggression in the company enables the employees to spot the early signs of aggressive and violent behaviors. It makes them able to either avoid it or manage it.